Senior Sous Chef
Hilton Santa Clara
Location: US - CA - Santa Clara
The Hilton Santa Clara is seeking a Senior Sous Chef to join our great team and enjoy all the benefits of our exciting hotel environment! Come be part of one of the finest Santa Clara Four Diamond Hotels featuring 280 rooms in the heart of Silicon Valley next to the San Francisco 49'ers Levis Stadium, Great America Amusement Park and Santa Clara Convention Center.
The Senior Sous Chef is responsible for helping oversee the entire operation of the kitchen during specific shifts. As well of the overall operation of food production for La Fontana Restaurant, Banquet Events, Room Service, Bar, and Concierge Lounge. Must maintain food quality and presentation standards, assist with the training of cooks, and control of food safety.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Know all menu items and enforce the proper preparation and presentation on all items daily.
- Know all procedures and menus for all meal periods, breakfast, Sunday Brunch, lunch and dinner. Also breakfast buffet & Sunday Brunch procedures and occasionally work with the buffet cook to train him/her and ensure quality.
- Assist placing the proper orders for supplies as directed by Executive Chef and Director of Ops to maintain the proper pars at all items.
- Must take the Servsafe course and pass the test to be certified.
- Assist other Sous Chef and Executive Chef with the control of food and labor costs. Control the amount of prep done
- Hold a pre-shift meeting with staff prior to reporting to stations.
- Plan, assign and direct work of associates.
- Monitor the performance of associates on an on-going basis and provide feedback. Assist writing performance reviews for those staff members supervised.
- Reward, discipline and document associate performance and provide timely counseling.
- Address associate complaints and resolve problems.
- Assist handling all administrative work with regards to interviewing, hiring, training and separation of staff.
- Assist in preparing and posting weekly schedules in accordance to guest needs and staff availability.
- Maintain efficiency in the operation of the staff in a high standard of quality of service and courtesy, bringing total satisfaction to our guests and the hotel.
- Notify management of any pertinent information related to shift activities.
- Provide coaching and training to culinary staff
- Assist with payroll and annual performance evaluations.
- Assist with onbarding of new culinary team members
- Assist on the completion of all Hilton Brand training required
Position will be required to work different schedule to accommodate the needs of the business.
Bachelors or better in Culinary Arts or related field.Experience
Must have 3-5 years line cook experience in an upscale restaurant
Previous supervisory experience required.
Culinary degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licenses & Certifications
CA Food Handler