The Resort at Squaw Creek, a AAA Four-Diamond resort, is ideally situated at the base of Squaw Valley USA, home of the 1960 Winter Olympics. The Resort at Squaw Creek instills in all of its employees the belief that we are a proud team dedicated to a quality experience for our guests, owners and associates. All members of the Resort at Squaw Creek Team are empowered to provide a quality guest service and an exceptional associate experience.
For all associates, the Resort offers ski pass discounts, free golf play, amenity discounts, national hotel discounts, the diversity of working with people from all over the world, and the ability to work and live in a community of the luxurious mountains of Lake Tahoe where the activities are endless all year round.
Job OverviewYou will be an integral member of the team that creates distinctively different and authentic experiences for our guests. You will be responsible for greeting guests, taking orders, serve food and beverages, and checking on guest satisfaction. You will use the freedom to go beyond to turn guest interactions into moments of magic. Essential Functions
- Enthusiastically welcome our guests into the restaurant
- Share your knowledge and recommendations of the food & beverage menus to our guests
- Utilize the freedom to go beyond and take initiative to resolve guest complaints and create loyalty
- Create memorable experiences with your welcoming personality by genuinely relating to guests and associates
- Communicate with culinary team regarding meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs and special requests
- Multi-task with an impeccable eye for detail to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Must meet the legal age requirement to serve alcohol. Previous experience passionately providing food and beverage service to others preferred.
- Knowledge. Alcohol service and Food Handler certifications are required. Familiarity of restaurant terminology and food service techniques preferred.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate fluently in English both verbally and through legible writing
- A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.