Since 1981, Sunrise Senior Living has been the employer of choice for warm-hearted people searching for meaningful work in a nurturing, ethical and active environment. We offer a uniquely sensitive approach and personal touch to caring for people in the senior years of their lives.
With 270 communities located throughout the U.S., 16 communities in Canada and our Community Support Office located in McLean, VA., we are always seeking exceptional people with a passion for working with seniors. Above all, we want people who are dedicated to the mutually rewarding experience that comes from caring for others.
Sunrise team members share Sunrise’s passion for seniors and commitment to quality. We hire the very best team members who have a natural serving heart and commitment to providing the very best in service and care.
From its early beginnings, Sunrise has cultivated a caring, family-like atmosphere for our team members. We champion the quality of life, not only for seniors, but also for the team members who care for them. People who choose to pursue a career at Sunrise enjoy our personal touch to providing focused, daily care.Feel the warmth of a Sunrise career.
"It makes me feel good knowing that we make the residents' lives better. We laugh with them, cry with them, sing and dance with them – we brighten their day. Working here is an unbelievable privilege and it will be something I carry with me for the rest of my life!"- Sunrise Team Member
At Sunrise, our Care Manager is responsible for providing the highest degree of quality care and services to a consistent group of residents and their families in our assisted living and reminiscence neighborhoods.
- Build meaningful relationships with a specified number of seniors and their families as you provide assistance with activities of daily living, attend to individual care needs and get to know their unique preferences and personalities - Notify management of changes in condition and recommend adjustments in the level of care and service - Assist residents in life skills and other life enriching activities as indicated on their individual profile - Blends a variety of multi-sensory experiences into the resident's day
- Participates in the development of the Individualized Service Plans (ISP) and monthly updates
- Responsible for their designated group of residents during the shift, knows where their residents are and physically checks on them throughout the shift.
- Partners with community team to ensure community is in compliance with OSHA requirements and promotion of Risk Management programs and policies; adherence to safety rules and regulations.
- Responds to the dining needs of the residents and guests while maintaining Sunrise hospitality and service standards
- Invite, Encourage, Assist (IEA) residents in life skills and other life enriching activities as indicated on ISP and demographic profile
- Committed to serving our residents and guests through our Principles of Services
Qualifications:- Dedication to and passion to serve seniors with excellent customer service skills - Positive attitude, the flexibility to perform various duties in service to the residents and the ability to work in a team environment are keys to success- High School diploma/GED accepted and may be required per state regulations- In states where appropriate, must maintain certifications- Must be at least 18 years of age- Previous experience working with seniors preferred- Ability to make choices, decisions and act in the resident's best interest- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication and a level of understanding- Competent in organizational and time management skills- Demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
Sunrise maintains a drug-free work environment and all offers of employment with Sunrise are conditioned on submitting to and successfully completing and passing a drug and alcohol test.
Sunrise Senior Living has championed quality of life in senior care for more than 30 years. We believe team members are our greatest resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families. At Sunrise, you will… Make a Difference Every DayWe deliver high-quality care with a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest.
Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive CommunityWe care for residents and each other, and offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you live your best.
Ignite Your PotentialYou have the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally, and achieve your career goals.