At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
If making meaningful connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day is what you do, and you love it, we want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow and learn at a world-class resort!
A Spectacular Mountaintop Retreat
The AAA Four Diamond award-winning Chaminade Resort & Spa is a spectacular mountaintop retreat in Santa Cruz. Our historic Mission-style resort overlooks sweeping views of Monterey Bay and the Santa Cruz Mountains. Chaminade is a luxurious destination for executive meetings, celebrations and getaways. Enjoy color palettes inspired by California coast, contemporary Spanish furnishings, and world-class amenities. Chaminade is just five minutes from golf courses, the beach and downtown Santa Cruz. Escape to a haven of unsurpassed service.
Position Description & Job Responsibilities
· Interact with guests to take drink and food orders.
· Communicate with kitchen for food ordering.
· Ensure prompt delivery of food to the guest’s table.
· Have working knowledge of liquor, beer, wine and food that is served at the property. Suggest pairings of food to wine or beer.
· Handle all checks and cash according to procedures.
· Ensure cleanliness of restaurant including polished flatware, clean glassware and plates.
· Be familiar with all property amenities and other restaurants.
· Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by supervisor or manager.
· Help out in other areas of the restaurant, including seating guests.
· Maintain perfectly crisp uniform.
· Greet guests as they enter restaurant.
· Assist the Food and Beverage department as needed.
Formal Education and Job Related Requirements
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Two years’ restaurant experience preferred.
· High volume experience.
· Good food and service knowledge.
· Extensive wine knowledge.
· Excellent communication skills.
Job-Related Physical Requirements
Occasional Crouching, Pushing and Pulling, Lifting up to 50 lbs. Frequent, Bending, Reaching, & Carrying up to 25lbs. and Hand Eye Coordination. Constant Standing, Walking, Balancing and Lifting to 10lbs., Manual Dexterity, Gross Motor Skills, Near Vision, Far Vision, Color Recognition, Hearing
Environmental Factors include
Working; outside, inside, alone, closely with others, Noise/Vibrations, above ground, with chemicals/detergents/cleaners and walking on uneven surfaces.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.