Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
The DoubleTree by Hilton Irvine Spectrum is seeking a highly motivated, self-determined, dynamic individual with a strong commitment to outstanding service to join our team as a SMERF Sales Manager!
Achieves or exceeds sales goals by providing complete account penetration for
assigned territory by focusing on group business. Establishes new client relationships
and maintains existing relationships to maximize revenue.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Actively solicits new business opportunities through prospecting new customers (including groups, travel managers, travel agents and consumers). Uses network channels to open doors to new customers. Seeks methods to penetrate key business activities within the marketplace and finds profitable ways to bring this business to the hotel. Researches information on market and trends and the clients supporting those markets locally.
2. Actively participates in industry related organizations. Attends trade shows, community events and industry meetings to develop business. Participates in Sales blitzes. Makes onsite and field presentations to prospective clients. Participates in pre-convention meetings, training and other sales-related meetings as required.
3. Develops long-term relationships with clients or potential clients by maintaining consistent verbal and written communications and providing good customer service.
4. Analyzes requirements of business opportunities. Researches and maintains knowledge of market trends, competition and customers. Responds to RFP's. Outlines available hotel space and facilities. Quotes prices. Meets with clients and hotel department managers to plan function details, space requirements, food service and decor. Prepares correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and client data.
5. Maintains detailed information about clients/prospective clients and enters data into property's computer systems.
6. Attends Business Review Meetings. Researches new companies. Travels to meet clients out of state. Creates and implements direct mailing campaigns. Attends training. Makes presentations
7. Conducts familiarization trips. Participate in local community to develop business.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree in Hospitality desired.
2. Two or more years of related hotel group sales experience. Experience selling to various assigned markets desired (i.e. Corporate, Education, Association, SMERF).
3. Possess solid knowledge of hotel service standards, guest relations and etiquette. Ability and experience in successfully selling and working in a high volume, time sensitive environment.
4. Ability to learn, follow and maintain effective sale processes designed to attain maximum revenue while ensuring adherence to established operating criteria.
5. Strong knowledge of sales techniques with strong skills and ability to negotiate and close sales.
7. Requires ability to determine needs of customers and persuasively present sales options through verbal face-to-face and telephone interactions. Must be able to create and effectively provide sales presentations and materials to potential customers. Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
8. Requires working knowledge of MS Office applications and ability to learn and use telephone and computer systems used at the hotel. Proficiency with DELPHI preferred.
9. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts. Position requires working from property location.
10. Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
DoubleTree by Hilton - Irvine Spectrum is an equal opportunity and E-Verify M/F/V/D employer.