At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Requires thorough knowledge of a specialized or technical field. May compile objective and measurable data and produce reports. May require operating knowledge of manufacturing or computer equipment or may require broad knowledge in clerical or service areas.
- This position requires
- A minimum formal education of a high school diploma
- A minimum of three years job-related experience.
- Formal training in Baking and Pastry Arts, degree preferred
- Ability to speak, read and write the primary language used in the workplace
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and other technology programs
- Checks with Executive Chef for daily objectives.
- Orders all items needed for pastry production.
- Prepares and/or directs preparation of all desserts needed for pastry production.
- Prepares and/or directs preparation of all pre-plated desserts for banquet and a la carte service.
- Maintains all equipment in a clean and sanitary fashion.
- Controls waste. Controls food and labor costs.
- Assigns daily production list to Pastry Cooks.
- Assists Executive Chef with new ideas and presentations.
- Oversees all kitchen and stewarding staff, manage kitchen and stewarding staff when their direct manager is not present
- Trains staff on company policies and day-to-day expectations
- Attends all management staff meetings to gather detailed information which then needs to be relayed back to hourly line staff
- Possesses the ability to meet face-to-face with guests, engage in conversation, and keep guests informed at all times
- Strong public speaking abilities required for communication with guests, fellow managers, and hourly associates
- Protect the assets of the property.
- Maintain professional appearance and behavior when in contact with customers and fellow associates.
- Follow policies and procedures in training manuals and the associate handbook.
- Always remember our partnership with our clients, fellow associates, and investors to provide quality service and maintain profitability.
- Establish self-improvement goals by staying current with necessary training requirements for this position.
- Practice the principles of Be the Difference culture.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards established by Benchmark a Global Hospitality Company.
Verizon Basking Ridge offers a diverse, dynamic, and thriving environment that supports career development for all our associates.