Sr Director Global Analytics and Business Intelligence
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group
Location: US - MN - Minnetonka
Apr 5, 2018
Position Description• Champion a data-driven culture and drive long-term business value creation through development of best-in-class analytics and business intelligence capabilities, enabled by high data integrity and scalable infrastructure.
• Serve as the key liaison between analytics and IT, ensuring requirements are clearly defined and that there is a collaboratively defined vision.
• Manage, mentor, and grow a team to evangelize and support data-driven decision making across the global business through innovative analytics, high-value reporting, timely and relevant business and customer insights, and thought leadership.
• Create the right processes and environment to best intake, scope, prioritize, and execute inbound analytical requests to ensure maximum business impact.
• Own and develop KPIs and associated reporting to ensure timely, accurate, and value-added reporting, supporting business self-sufficiency wherever possible.
• Champion data governance and stewardship as it pertains to data warehousing and infrastructure to support data collection, integration, reporting/dashboarding, data visualization, data mining, and predictive analytics.
- Analytics Culture
- Ensure organization is being effectively leveraging and gaining access to business intelligence data
- Work with IT and other partners to improve existing analytical data sources and oversee customer data management, including expansion and consolidation of data mart
- Analyze existing customer and hotel transaction data sources for trends and insights to help drive incremental revenue.
- Perform ad-hoc data requests/analyses for business partners. Based on data analyses, collaborate with business partners to provide key strategic insights/direction.
- Develop innovative programs and strategies to drive customer engagement and increase share of wallet from customers
- Provide cost benefit analysis and financial justification
- Produce plans for design and execution
- Produce and present executive level analysis, reporting and strategic insights to leadership on a regular basis.
- Build a team of empowered leaders.
- Foster a culture of innovation and continuous optimization across departments and global theaters.
- Leverage system-wide expertise and resources where possible in order to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Leading and Driving the Global Analytics Strategy
- Lead the development of analytics strategy and roadmaps across talent, process, data, and technology through strong partnerships with senior business leaders across functions and business units.
- Influence and drive the adoption of the analytics and business intelligence strategy across the globe.
- Influence the market place with regards to data and tech direction with regards to driving next generation analytics and BI solutions.
- Build strong partnerships with key marketplace leaders in the analytics and BI space to take advantage of first mover opportunity in next generation capabilities.
- Strong Partnerships with Business Leaders to Drive Value
- Own and lead the delivery of Analytics Solutions across the globe with regards to Infrastructure, Data, Visualization, and Reporting services with a focus on looking at new ways to create a competitive edge and drive effectiveness. Key opportunities include:
- Hotel Operations
- Call Center
- Business Development
- Revenue Forecasting
- Sales optimization
- Lead the analytics and BI delivery framework and process that will enable quality, agile, flexible and effective cost to serve as delivery model for all regions.
- Lead the delivery capability that is focused on continuous improvement on service and cost.
- Own and lead the change management strategy and framework required to deliver a sustainable analytics and BI capability.
- Building a World Class Analytics & Insight Organization
- Drive the talent strategy with a focus on growing the relevant skills, career progression and development opportunities with a focus on building a world class analytics and BI organization. Builds strong consultative relationships with clients as an analytics advisor
- Leads the development of innovative analytic and BI solutions for clients focused on delivering actionable insight and optimizing solutions for business impact.
- Coordinates with data management, research and marketing to implement measurement solutions for clients
- Analyzes client business situation and identifies key objectives for analytics and data
- Prioritizes and applies quantitative approaches to meet client needs
- Develops analytic strategies for clients that uniquely support consumer insights, measurement, and analytics objectives
- Ability to be able to consultatively work with clients to go from a list of things they want to learn to a documented and executable methodology for learning them
- Provides an industry-leading POV on BI and analytic methods applied to commercial and operations contexts
- Demonstrates a passion for managing, motivating and developing junior staff
- Coordinates with client business leads to assess client requirements, staffing needs and aligning resources
- Overseeing the allocation of resource time across clients and projects
- 15+ years of significant relevant business analytics experience; global experience a plus
- Ability to manage and lead directly reporting teams (4-6 FTEs initially)
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in quantitative areas, Master’s Degree preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, most importantly Excel and Power Point
- Preferred proficiency with SQL, database automation, and SAS, R, JMP, Python or other statistical analysis package
- Demonstrated expertise with BI tools and capabilities (Tableau, Business Objects, etc.)
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to apply analytic techniques to business problems resulting in optimized kpi performance
- Proven people and project leadership abilities
- Ability to establish mutually productive and positive relationships with internal and external groups – global internal teams and a network of external partners
Visa Requirements: All candidates must be in possession of identification providing authorization to work in the United States as defined in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1968 (IRCA). This position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.