Sr Director, Global Strategic Sourcing & Operations
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group
Location: US - MN - Minnetonka
Jan 27, 2018
Position DescriptionThe Director, Global Strategic Sourcing and Operations, is a newly created position that will support a portfolio of Owned, Managed and franchised hotels in the Americas and APAC including the corporate offices in Minneapolis and Omaha. As a key leader of the Global Strategic Sourcing team, this position contributes expertise to support functional and strategic objectives. While the role’s focus will be on supporting Carlson hotels, the position will contribute to the global team’s strategy and objectives. Teamwork and partnership will be a key mantra, with the individual developing short-term goals for the department in alignment with broader business and theater objectives. Is a recognized authority in Procurement serving as discipline interface with the many other areas of the business. Oversight responsibility for selection, supervision and development of staff in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Strategy: Work closely with SVP Global Strategic Sourcing and senior operations leadership team to support development and execution of near and long-term plans for identified spend and categories (OpEx & CapEx) in line with overall 5 Year approved strategic plan. Identify new areas for growth, consolidate existing process, supply and product base to find savings opportunities. Develop expansion plans for growth within Americas & APAC and support global growth to identified countries and beyond to leverage spend and support.
- Regional Contracting: As part of the 5 Year Strategic plan, the creation and development of a robust Regional Services team serving the regional procurement needs of the hotels in the US and Canada is of paramount importance. This position will lead in it’s creation and successful deployment leveraging the model already in operation in Rezidor. The position will also oversee the deployment in Chile, India and China to ensure alignment on process, procedure and training
- Contracting & Financial benefit: Deliver incremental value (cost, service, quality & protection) within portfolio of hotels and corporate offices. This is achieved by brilliant execution against the strategy, aligning stakeholders & prioritizing opportunities to deliver the most value through to the end user. Responsible for leading indirect teams to negotiate, implement and support contracts. Individually own regional categories or supplier relationships with the potential to service multiple areas/regions. Participate as subject matter expert to support high priority brand or high impact divisional projects and implementation of global contracts. Drive Procurement compliance discipline and reporting
- New openings & hotel support: Act as the primary procurement point of contact for new hotel openings, deliver the sales and marketing messages to garner support and participation in Strategic Sourcing by all owned, managed and franchised hotels. Oversee and drive expansion of OS&E/FF&E, CAPEX and risk/method for hotels under renovation/build. Support team to troubleshoot and resolve portfolio challenges with vendors while creating partnerships with critical vendors.
- People: Lead, develop and optimize a multi-cultural based procurement team across Americas and APAC., Leverage global teams and create ways to most effectively support hotels across categories. Maintain regular calls and face to face meetings with Minneapolis HQ/Brussels HQ and Carlson hotels to ensure functional alignment and integration of team objectives while also monitoring performance. Partner with Regional Vice Presidents of Operation to optimize value to hotels and ownership groups. Support the hotel procurement leaders.
- Technology: Drive and support the successful rollout and implementation of the global procurement platform to participating hotels within portfolio
- Communication: Drive a culture of transparent and regular communication to hotels, owners and internal stakeholders that clearly articulates value delivery of department
- Responsible Business: As one of the world’s most ethical companies, partner with Responsible Business to drive a cohesive sourcing strategy that fully embraces sustainability and responsible business initiatives
- Strong negotiation, analytical, contract management, relationship management, and project management skills, and knowledge of business and contract laws
- Ability to engage and lead teams, expert facilitation skills, ability to multi task and work under pressure. Excellent coaching, mentoring & training skills, ability to lead strategic process discussions, passion for change
Ability to travel both within and outside of EMEA region (60%)
Education and Experience
- 4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Business Administration or Hotel Management, or related major plus at least 4 years’ experience in Supply Chain Operations or related professional area.
- MBA/Post graduate is desirable
- Professional Supply Chain Management certification desired but if not, expectation to obtain with company support
- 10+ years of relevant business management leadership experience.
- Direct experience managing project teams and individuals in challenging projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Strong presentation and written/verbal communication skills,
- Fluency in English
- Senior level hotel operations experience
- Expertise and proven track record in managing complex, multifunctional initiatives
- Experience in providing direction and performing responsibilities via influence ability
- Proven success in introducing major change to complex organizations
- Exceptional project/program management competence and skills
- Ability to execute: distribute, assign and ensure completion of work throughout various teams without direct management authority
- Ability to influence others, including those at senior organizational levels
- Strong analytical skills for planning, estimating, budgeting and monitoring program/project work
- Ability to form and foster high performing teams
- Ability to accomplish results through others, particularly by establishing relationships and effective controls
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business terms
- Familiarity with Americas market
- Multi-lingual capability a plus (Spanish/Mandarin)
Visa Requirements: All candidates must be in possession of identification providing authorization to work in the United States as defined in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1968 (IRCA). This position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Corporate Office / Executive