- Setup and organize workstation, assure that cleaning supplies are available for daily use
- Power-wash all carts, hot boxes and any assigned areas as requested
- Assure that all equipment is collected and delivered to dishrooms
- Assure that all areas pertaining to breakdown are clean of all equipment and food items.
- All silverware, glassware, china, pots and dishware are to be stored I their designated areas
- All assigned areas must be cleaned before ending shift
- Complete job tasks as assigned by management. Report to manager/supervisor for additional tasks
- Attend all appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions
- Remain current w/ hotel rules and policies at ALL times
- Sweep and mop entire dish wash area/pot wash area
- Set-up and organize Stewarding machines with proper chemicals
- Keep all hand sink areas clean and stock with soap and paper towels
- Keep communication between Stewarding Areas, Chefs, Restaurant and Banquet Managers open at all times
- Report to Supervisor/Manager any maintenance issue or any issue with damage equipment
- Execute emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
- Clean and maintain entire Kitchen area (this includes walk-ins, reach-in refrigerators, storerooms and related area)
- Keep kitchen area free from debris, floors must be swept and mopped as much as needed
- Assure that all trash boxes are removed from all related areas; recycle whenever possible
- Prepare three sink pot wash and pot wash machine with soap, clear water and sanitize (wash, rinse and sanitize). Change water every hour or as necessary
- This position requires a great deal of attention to detail
- Assignments must be done within the specified time constraints
- This person must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have strong initiative, ability to communicate, teamwork, and be prompt
- Must have multi-tasking skills, internal/external customer service skills
- Flexible schedule and required to work a full shift
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to operate all dishwashers and soap dispensers and other cleaning projects
- Ability to pull, lift and push +45 lbs.
- Ability to transport equipment such as glass racks, plate carts, transport carts and mop buckets, etc.
- Ability to withstand high temperatures and noise in the work areas.
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V