* Follow proper payroll and uniform procedures.
* Set up the work area properly.
* Scrape and stack all dished properly and rack all glassware.
* Pre-soak all silver.
* Set up, clean and properly operate the dish machine safely and neatly, including disassembling and assembling for cleaning, loading and unloading or dishes and silver and changing the water when necessary or instructed to.
* Separate all silverware.
* Store all china, glass, and silver in their designated locations.
* Keep the dish area neat and clean at all times.
* Clean kitchen walls, floors, drains, reach-in coolers, walk-in freezers and other locations as assigned by a supervisor.
* Utilize all cleaning materials and chemicals safely.
* Read, understand and follow each component of a banquet function sheet for the set-up of a banquet event.
* Collect all china, glass and silver for banquet events and have them delivered to Function rooms.
* Set-up and deliver all food items that are pre-arranged responsibilities of Stewarding for a banquet event to the function room in a timely manner.
* Assist in the plate preparation of all courses and their delivery to the function room.
* Set up a breakdown area and assist in the breakdown and clean up of all dirty dishes returning from a banquet room.
* Wash all pots, equipment parts, pans, etc. thoroughly in pot-wash area.
* Maintain a clean, orderly, hazard-free work area. The ability to clean messes and spills immediately.
* Notify the supervisor prior to leaving the work area.
* Report any major problem to the supervisor.
* Check with the Chefs daily for special projects to be completed.
* Complete all tasks using the utmost concern for all employees' safety.
* Respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
* Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by management and staff.
* Proficient English communication skills (verbal, written, and oral)
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V