Swire Hotels announces the opening in 2015 of EAST, Miami at Brickell City Centre, Swire Properties Inc.'s US$1 billion mixed use development in Miami's downtown financial district. It will be the hotel group's first property in the United States and the third hotel under the EAST brand, after the successful opening of EAST, Hong Kong in Island East in 2010 and EAST, Beijing at INDIGO, Beijing in 2012.
EAST, Miami is a lifestyle hotel with a pulse. Perched on top of Brickell City Centre, EAST connects directly to dozens of vibrant restaurants and countless shops while the thriving Brickell street scene lies just outside the door. In the heart of downtown, EAST, Miami offers 255 contemporary rooms, 8 modern suites and 89 serviced apartments.
We serve Guests with the freedom and spontaneity reflected in the individual personalities of our team members.
Who We Are
Swire Hotels is a collection of three individual brands of hotels. This includes the House Collective, EAST and Chapter Hotels. We promise to create different, surprising, relaxing, intoxicating and unique hotel experiences but only those that will actively improve the lives of our guests.
We set out to find natural, engaging and intuitive people and to create a style of service that is both highly professional, yet relaxed and unstuffy.
Our team members flourish by being encouraged to be themselves with guests in order to create engaging and intuitive relationships.
Nature of the Job
Basic Purpose & Objective of the Position
This is manual and clerical work with some supervision in the shipping, receiving and recording of materials in a small satellite type store operation.
* Maintain a safe and clean work area
* Rotating and storing food in a timely manner, following all Keystone and CO health and safety guidelines
* Organize storeroom and manage inventory by rotating product and sanitation
* Removal of hazardous snow and ice from walkways
* Work outside in inclement weather
* Additional duties as assigned by management
* Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to money handling and licensing are adhered to.
* Performs daily tasks in accordance with assignment schedule
* Records daily work completed on assignment sheet
* Responsible for maintaining inventory of recycle supplies
* Prepares incident reports
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Supports Swire Hotels' cultural and people development implementations and characteristics.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Requirements
* Ability to stand and work for a long period of time
* Capable of standing, walking, squatting, bending, kneeling, and reaching continuously throughout shift
* Must have basic communication skills in English
* Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and evening hours as needed per area assignment
* Ability to work well in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with students, faculty and staff
* Previous shipping/receiving or storeroom-related experience -- preferred
* Able to lift up to 50 lbs - required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
See description above.