Courtyard by Marriott San Marcos
Waiter / Waitress
Platinum Hospitality Management
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
PERFORMANCE WITH A CONSCIENCE
At Platinum Management Services, we continually strive to achieve superior guest relations, value a well-maintained, safe, and environmentally-conscious hotel surrounding, animated employees with passionate service ethics, leading technology, consistent capital reinvestment into our properties, conservative growth with major brand partners, and above all, strong moral principles in all of our professional exchanges.
We demonstrate our beliefs most meaningfully in the way we treat each other and by the example we set for one another. In all our interactions with our guests, customers, business associates and colleagues, we seek to deal with others as we would have them deal with us.
Times change, but our dedication to perfecting the travel experience never will.
Takes food and beverage orders and efficiently delivers items to dining room guests with exceptional service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promptly and warmly greet guests at the S-Bar; takes food and beverages in an efficient manner, following established steps of service.
- Delivers food promptly and professionally; maintains safe food handling and sanitation standards. Follows up periodically to assist with any additional needs or requests.
- Demonstrates complete understanding of menu items and ingredients. Advises guests on appropriate combinations of food and drinks when requested; accommodates reasonable requests and notes preferences.
- Communicates directly with back-of-the-house staff to ensure that orders are delivered correctly and special requests are accommodated.
- Exhibits exceptional communications skills and demonstrates ability to get along well with others. Remains flexible and patient when communicating with guests and staff.
- Collects tickets and follow proper cash-handling procedures.
- Promotes a clean, safe and neat environment for guests.
- Promptly addresses complaints or issues; relays relevant information or complaints directly to supervisor.
- Take phone orders if needed.
- Give each guest a table number when order to ensure guests get the correct order.
- Ensures that the dining room is properly set up prior to and after the service period; keeps area clean and neat while meeting established sanitation standards before, during and after the shift.
- Help with banquet service including set up, clean up or break down.
- Performs other duties as assigned.