Fig and Olive
Event Sales Manager (Chicago, IL)
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
FIG & OLIVE is about passion for the best olive oils, flavors and cuisine from the Riviera & Coastal regions of the South of France, Italy and Spain. Our large variety of extra virgin olive oils was selected to be paired with each dish and to be offered for tasting at the beginning of each meal. With fresh, seasonal ingredients and simple preparation, our cuisine exudes the genuine taste of food, from a ripe heirloom tomato, a leaf of aromatic basil, to a fresh grilled fish finished with lemon, rosemary, thyme and olive oil-simplicity, healthiness and refined flavors at their best.
Mougins, France has been the inspiration for FIG & OLIVE. Our cuisine is based on genuine ingredients and a respect of flavors. Mougins is also referred to as the birthplace of the "Cuisine of the Sun." FIG & OLIVE'S elegant and warm design with limestone stucco walls, terra-cotta colored ceiling, and green rosemary and olive trees exude the essence of the Mediterranean.
FIG & OLIVE is actively seeking exceptional and highly qualified candidates to join our growing team in the following locations Chicago, IL, Newport Beach, CA, New York City, Westchester, NY, West Hollywood, CA, and Washington D.C. (Opening 2015). We firmly believe that in order to create a rewarding experience for our guests, we must select individuals willing to deliver the finest service imaginable.
To create a successful hospitality team, we seek individuals who can personally follow the five key points of our value system: Enthusiasm, Desire, Integrity, Excellence, and Hospitality. At FIG & OLIVE, we pride ourselves on developing motivated and passionate individuals in the areas of restaurant front and back of the house, finance, human resources, sales and marketing and corporate management positions. If our brand and culture aligns with your career aspirations, we invite you to search our current exciting job opportunities.
An Event Sales Manager is responsible for executing written sales agreements and the successful execution of such events in the restaurants continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
- Responsible for account management, sales prospecting and business development
- Initiate verbal and written communication with clients, inquiry to event completion in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Outline details and specifics of the event including, but not limited to payment structure, food and beverage
- Communicate minimums, additional fees, and restrictions in a friendly and professional manner
- Partner with restaurants operations departments to successfully execute events, coordinate reservation blocks, communication of food and beverage details, and outline all other details pertaining to the event
- Maximize revenues and control expenses through effective negotiation of services and accurate forecasting
- Maintain well-organized event & financial records, take deposits
- Monitor and report service satisfaction trends, address issues and make improvements accordingly
- Arrange site visits with clients
- Provide overall direction and coordination for successful execution of all BEO’s generated
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be professional, polished, and articulate
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, able to multitask and maintain excellent records
- Must be able to demonstrate passion and commitment at ownership level
- Must be able to conduct daily business with integrity and be ethical at all times
- Strong creative skills to provide innovative set ups, menus, and functions for groups
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Extraordinary attention to detail, productive under pressure
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule (nights, weekends, holidays) if deemed necessary to promote business or oversee events
- Knowledge of OpenTable, Triplseat, Micros or other software alike
- College Degree
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in event management
- Minimum 3+ years in hospitality at either a luxury hotel or restaurant group
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential job functions being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications.
FIG & OLIVE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).