Restaurant Floor Manager
FIG & OLIVE (Washington D.C.)
Location: US - DC - Washington
MANAGE A RESTAURANT WITHIN THE POLICIES AND GUIDELINES OF THE COMPANY TO ENSURE CUSTOMER SATISFACTION AND PROFIT MAXIMIZATION. TOTAL OPERATIONAL AND FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR AN INDIVIDUAL UNIT. DIRECTLY PERFORM HANDS-ON WORK ON AN ONGOING BASIS TO TRAIN EMPLOYEES, RESPOND TO CUSTOMER SERVICE NEEDS, OR OTHERWISE ROLE MODEL APPROPRIATE BEHAVIORS IN THE RESTAURANT. PROVIDE OVERALL LEADERSHIP; RECOGNIZE AND MOTIVATE MEMBERS OF THE TEAM; COACH AND TRAIN THE TEAM FOR OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE.
TASK AND DUTIES:
1. Control day-to-day operations by scheduling labor, ordering supplies and developing
the restaurant team.
2. Manage and train staff
3. Ensure Occupational Safety and health Act, local health and safety codes, and
company safety and security policy are met.
4. Control Profit & Loss (i.e., Budget attainment) by following cash control/ security
procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labor, reviewing financial reports, and
taking appropriate actions.
5. Recruit, interview, and hire team FOH; conduct performance review, take discipline
action, motivate and train.
6. Ensure maintenance of equipment, facility, and grounds through the use of a
Preventive Maintenance plan based on company standard.
7. Ensure food quality and 100% customer satisfaction.
8. Ensure complete and timely execution of corporate & marketing programs.
9. Ensure a safe working and customer experience environment by facilitating safe work
behaviors of the team.
10. Involves Closing Shifts
Report to: General Manager
1. Previous upscale restaurant management experience (2-3 years)
2. Demonstrated working knowledge of DC employment laws
3. Extensive customer service and resolution skill sets
4. Excellent communication skills
5. Working knowledge of Open Table and Micros
6. Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends and holidays
FIG & OLIVE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.