Doubletree Pittsburgh/Monroeville Convention Center
Location: US - PA - Monroeville
Purpose of the Position:
The Restaurant Manager is responsible for the success of the restaurant for ensuring guest satisfaction. Assist in administering, directing and controlling the operation of the restaurant and/or room service.
1. Trains all associates in the restaurant how to perform their job duties to the best of their abilities.
2. Schedules, evaluates and directs all servers, room service, bus help, hostess, and cashiers.
3. Keeps "open communication" between management and associates.
4. Provides disciplinary action when, and if, necessary.
5. Provides associates with the tools and supplies they need to perform their jobs.
6. Participates in the following:
a. monthly department meetings
b. weekly staff meetings
c. weekly food and beverage meetings
d. monthly food and supplies inventory.
7. Takes immediate action on problems that are encountered in the restaurant.
8. Directs and controls all activity in restaurant during shift.
9. Responsible for the care, handling and storage of all restaurant equipment. Reports any shortness of equipment.
10. Maintains a high level of service quality and insures customer satisfaction.
11. Assists in any way needed to the Food and Beverage Director. Asks for assistance from other managers when needed.
12. Assist in advising the Food and Beverage Director of daily problems, needs and utilizes all available resources to maximize profits, develop quality service and reduce costs.
13. Assists in ensuring all paperwork needed by Accounting and other departments for the correct assessment of monies spent daily and product control be finished correctly and turn in (menu tabs, customer counts, drop envelopes, taste panels, daily payroll, schedules, opening/closing reports.)
14. Assists in accountability for achieving cost goals in the area of sales, labor and expenses.
15. Interview and hire new personnel when needed.
16. Completes personnel paperwork, all restaurant reviews, hires, job transfers, warning notices, counseling sessions and terminations. Gives to the Human Resources Manager to review and approve.
17. Evaluates staff performance on a ninety (90) day and annual basis.
18. Conducts self to reflect the high standards of professionalism within the Prospera Hospitality organization and the Hotel.
19. Reads, learns, understands and refers to the Standard Operating Procedures.
20. Reports substandard (unsafe) conditions to supervisors.
21. Utilizes protective equipment.
22. Knows department fire prevention and emergency procedures.
23. Adheres to and enforces all company policies and procedures.
24. Attends company orientation.
25. Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
1. Assists other department managers as needed.
2. Participates in the property's Hospitality Committee.
Attends company orientation and other meetings as required.
Adheres to all policies and procedures.
Must adhere to all Federal, State and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.Ramp certification required.
Must adhere to all Allegheny County Health Department regulations.
Is expected to perform any related duty as requested by supervisor.
- Follows safety, security and emergency procedures and rules.
Utilizes protective equipment.
Reports accidents, injuries, hazards, near misses, defective equipment, property damage or loss to supervisor.
1. Knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service.
2. Communicate effectively with guests and co workers, i.e., memorize the menu, specials of the day and special promotions, provide information, answer questions, etc.
3. Understand and operate MICROS system.
4. Use arithmetic to calculate sales, expense and profit of departments.
5. Stand and/or walk for varying lengths of time, often long periods.
6. Must be able to lift and carry trays weighing up to thirty (30) pound.
7. Requires manual dexterity.
8. Reach and bend for varying lengths of time, often long periods.