Location: US - TX - Plano
A Regional Manager is an experienced restaurant and bar operator who possesses excellent communication skills and is a dynamic and hardworking leader. They are full of fresh ideas and keen to take on all operational responsibilities. They are a detailed and caring leader who is deeply committed to sharing their knowledge with our teams. They are committed to developing future GMs and Chefs and their teams.
This role often requires travel to various cities within a designated region. This position reports to the Director of Operations and/or Vice President of Operations. The overall purpose of the position is to achieve company objectives by driving sales through building guest count by generating industry leading restaurant revenue, profit, expansion and guest service goals by planning, leading and directing the operation of the Corporate & Franchise restaurants within your region.
The successful Regional Manager will have an unparalleled passion for guest service, restaurant operations and management of profitability.
- Responsible for creating and enhancing a restaurant culture that drives excellence in every aspect of hospitality success: Making guests feel special, top line revenues, excellent service, high quality product, strong morale, and superior profit management to achieve financial goals.
- Establish, direct and review performance standards in food preparation, and production to ensure effective, controlled and coordinated results are achieved i.e. quality, recipe adherence, service, costs controls, etc.
- Monitors, directs and coordinates effective sanitation, cleanliness and organization effort throughout the operations.
- Establishes, directs and reviews beverage procedures to ensure adequate security and accountability, quality, presentation and service performance.
- Remains current on federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations with respect to our industry. Produces approved budgets, and operates within established guidelines in regard to costs, expenses, sales and profits.
- Regional Managers are directly overseeing the recruitment, training, development and mentoring of current GMs and Chefs and future GMs and Chefs.
- Direct involvement in and follow up with all disciplinary action, performance management working in conjunction with Human Resources with all management team members.
- Conducts frequent site reviews and audits of restaurants to ensure excellence in all areas.
- Handles or assists with any guest related complaints and/or comments as well as coordinates the proper follow up.
- Oversees the development of management and crew to ensure training and guidance.
- Prepares all local financial and operational reporting required delivering and analyzing the financial results of the restaurants on a regular basis. Reviews any significant variances from the budgeted figures. Ensures practices meet or exceed yearly financial targets.
- Monitors the expenses of the restaurants to ensure that effective cost-containment practices are in place. Also ensures that operating expenses are in line with those of comparable properties and industry standards.
- Evaluates training procedures to assure that all employees are contributing to a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Management, teaching and coaching of our business success foundation - "The Triangle" - Enduring High Level Profitability - Shareholders, Care and Hospitality For Guest, Employer of Choice and Focus on Team Members
- Monitors any legal or labor issues related to the management of all properties.
- Champions recognition and motivation efforts throughout the market to meet our goal of being the employer of choice in the restaurant industry.
- Key contributor to long term planning and brand positioning.
- Other duties as required and assigned by the President, Vice President of Operations and/or Director of Operations
- Project management of multiple programs and priorities
- Multiple department communication and execution details for alignment of all food related activities.
- Coordinate and implement food promotions, menu planning to maximize guest experience and sales growth
- Coaching of General Managers, Chefs and their teams on restaurant execution
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key suppliers, influencers and industry stakeholders through communication and support for operational teams
- Senior member of the Strategy Panel for the company, and delivery and implementation of tactics to the restaurant operators.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years of successful multi-unit restaurant operations, of a full-service restaurant chain
- Minimum 2 years as a successful restaurant General manager with proven financial management, in a high volume full service restaurant (preferably premium casual).
- Proven strength and success with analytical costing work including: cost controls, spreadsheet analysis and recipe preparation.
- Knowledge of premium casual kitchen equipment, design and systems.
- Excellent knowledge and high level skills with all computer desktop systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint as well as Posi Touch Point of sale systems.
- Excellent understanding of and proven experience with sanitation, health and safety and systems that support same.
- Exceptional work ethic, combined with highly detailed communication both written and verbal.
- Uses time productively, maximizes efficiency, and meets challenging work goals.
- Takes initiative and pursues opportunities aligned with a strong ability to multi-task.
- Strong communication skills, rapport skills and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel extensively throughout your region and Canada, as well as having a valid driver's license and reliable vehicle are required.
- A college or university degree in hospitality, restaurants and culinary arts, or a business education background an asset.